Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Swan Song Blog Hop!





Hey Y'all!!

Hope all is well. If y'all came from Trinh's Blog you are at the right place. So....here is probably one of the most hardest blog posts that I EVER had to write.....man.....this is super hard. When I found out that Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking was closing it's doors a few weeks back I was at school and it was in an e-mail. To be honest I thought it was a fake but as soon as I read it about twelve times then I knew it was true. Man.....PC and S has been a part of my life since 2004. This is was one of the first Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazines that I ever bought:

When I saw these awesome cards in the magazine I thought "I could do this....I know I can!" This magazine helped me with my first mass production Christmas Cards for the staff at Montclair and Ashley Elementary Schools. After that....I.WAS.HOOKED!!! I decided a few years later that I would give the submissions a try. It took me a while but my first publication was in the Holiday Cards and More Volume 4. It was a Reindeer Jar and that same jar is on the cover of this book:




Man..... the Crew(new and old) of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking have been a part of my life for ever seems like and these ladies are the coolest people that I know!!! They always knew the coolest trends and stuff and just Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking was the COOLEST magazine around!!! Here are some pics of some of these AWESOME ladies:




I am so honored to know these ladies(and Matt) from Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine(PK, Jennifer, Cath, Brandy, Susan, Kerri, Stacy, Holly, Matt, Melinda, the Go To Gals and ladies of old as well.....I love you all and thanks for "Making My World Brighter!" I wish y'all all the best and I LOVE YOU all and THANK YOU for the inspiration and the fun!! The next blog on this hop is Angie!

Love,

Tenia Nelson




20 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

The perfect card Tenia, love all the photos my celebrity friend! ;)

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your card and post, Tenia! Great photos too!!

Keren Baker said...

Superb card- and love the sentiment. Love the piccies and lucky you having met some of the PC&S gals! x

Anonymous said...

Awww, Miss Lady! And it was you who introduced me to them last CHA while my legs shook!
What a perfect, perfect card too. Cover worthy for sure! Mwah!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE your card for today...love your post and all the fab pics and memories you shared!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic tribute and love the card! Love the different directions of the stripes, and the angles, perfectly done!

Jingle said...

Perfection. Absolute perfection.

Shelly said...

Super awesome card and post, Tenia! Love!

maria f. said...

You go, cover girl! 10 years - wowzers. I'm in love with the card you made. All those stripes and the plain B/W map. Super cool. CU 'round.

Annette Allen said...

love all the pictures and what a great card..

Kara said...

such a cool card!!

Rubeena I. said...

what a touching post - thanks for sharing. your card is beautiful!!! thanks for the love on my page too <3

Sheila H said...

Love your card & those great pictures :)

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card! So beautiful and your photos, so much fun.

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

Lovely tribute, Tenia, both the card and the post. Your card speaks volumes regarding how PC&S has both touched and brought together many paper crafting lovers from all over the world. Well done, my friend. Thank you for the inspiration as always.

Michelle said...

Tenia, your card is just so awesome! And your words are so lovely!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card and post!

Christine Kiehl said...

Love the card, the blog post and all the wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for sharing and spreading such inspiration! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute.

Deepti said...

Lovely post and awesome card, love how the stripes add so much to the simple yet a cool design