Saturday, June 13, 2020

#SMILE

Hey Y'all!!

Happy Saturday and hope all is well!! Here is my project for my Altenew Educator Program Level 3: Clean, Simple and Colorful Techniques taught by THE Laura Bassen!! My focus on this card was Smooshing and Emboss Resist.





Here is my card.....CHECK IT!!!!!




Here are the deets on how I created this fun card!!


1. Create card from white cardstock.
2. Stamp and heat emboss design onto Mixed Media panel. 
3. Add ink onto image panel using the ink smooshing technique.
4. Die cut squares, add washi and staples and adhere together.
5. Stamp and heat emboss camera image onto a piece of white cardstock , trim and adhere to black square panel.

6. Adhere black square panel onto rainbow panel.

7. Create #smile sentiment with Dymo Label Maker and adhere to black square panel. 
8. Adhere whole panel onto card front and add sequin.


These are the Altenew products that I used on my card:
Misty Morning 6 Mini Cube Set

Capture Moments Stamp Set
Painted Grid Washi Tape
Sequins- Satin Gold
Moroccan Mosaic Stamp Set



I also played along in a few challenges!! I played along in the Freshly Made Sketches challenge:

I played along in the Aud Sentiments challenge and I played along in the 613 Avenue Create challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!!

-t

Card Recipe for #SMILE Card
Stamps: Altenew
Paper: Michaels, Strathmore
Inks: IMAGINE Crafts, Altenew, Karin Markers
Embellishments: Washi and Sequins(Altenew)
Tools: Heating Tool(Marvy Uchida), Dies(Spellbinders), Scissors, Die Cutting Machine, Dymo Label Machine
Other: WOW! Embossing Powder
Techniques: Ink Smooshing, Watercoloring, Die Cutting, Heat Embossing, Emboss Resist, Fussy Cutting


7 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice card, Tenia! I am not accustomed to seeing this much color on one of your cards, it is unexpected and very nicely done!

Thanks for such a colorful and beautifully crafted response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You have been selected as a Top Rocker for the week of June 7-13, 2020 at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks for your awesome submission to our challenge.
THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM

Elaine Stark said...

Love your background and the monochrome images. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Queen Mary said...

Tenia, reading the directions and then how you interpreted those directions really demonstrates/shows/proves/illustrates your incredible talent. What went through my head and what you created were very different things. I like to think that had I sad with the directions for a bit of time I may have produced something other than what appeared in my head at first, but I am in awe. Thank you for sharing your talents, you imagination with us. xoxo, Mary

Kim S said...

I love how you created that bright and cheerful background - then topped it with black and white. And so many little touches like the sequin on the camera and the #SMILE label. It is wonderfully eye-catching and definitely made me smile!! As always...thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

I totally love this fun and cheery card! You did an amazingly artsy background job! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Erum Tasneem said...

This is absolutely fantabulous!! Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.