Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jazzy Paper Designs Inspiration Challenge 7- Art Tatum




 Clouds(Out for Publication)





Tenia(Me!)


  Happy Saturday and welcome to another installment of the Jazzy Paper Designs Inspiration Challenge!! This weeks challenge is a Art Tatum Album Cover!! Check out the colors.....just neutrals....Kraft and Black......a challenge but I love it!!!! Before I go on I just wanted to tell ya a little bit about Art Tatum. Art Tatum was probably one of the best jazz pianists ever!! He was blind from childhood and he was a prodigy!! He was famous for "jazzing" up the classics as you can  see and hear right here. Man....the Jazz Cats and our Jazz Cat of the Week Julie did such an amazing job with this challenge....I love my Jazz Cats...lol!! Our sponsor this week is Cosmo Cricket and one random person can win this Material Girl Crafting Kit right here: 
  

To be eligible to be our Jazz Cat of the Week(Guest Designer that the DT Chooses) or to win the prize via random.org you must create a card, scrapbook page or project and link it up to Inlinkz below by May 15, 2010 at 6pm MST. Before I end this I want to say that this is Clouds' last Jazzy Paper Designs challenge with us!! Clouds was such fun having on the team and she will be missed for sure!! Clouds....I just want to say thanks for your hard work and your super awesome creativity...love ya lady!! Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!! Have Fun and Happy Creating!!!
-t









18 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Tenia....thanks so much for the guest design spot honor! I really enjoyed it and I LOVE the theme behind this challenge...keep up the fabulous work : )

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOORAY for Julie as your GDT member! Love all these cards:) Super cute!

Crystal said...

WOOOOHOOOO these are GREAT samples!!! Awesome cards Tenia!

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab cards; love that you have our playdate cafe Julie as Guest Designer, we think she's fab too :)

Ash said...

My net connection is just worse today, none of the samples are opening up for me to take a look.... I will be back tomorrow..... :-)

Ash....
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous samples of inspiration!! So lucky to have Julie as A GD :) she is a wonderful leader & so talented! We love her at The Play Date Cafe!!!!

Kim Wilson said...

Awww Clouds we will miss you!!!! Great inspiration Tenia! Im working on my card tonight! :)

PapierGirl said...

Congratulations Julie on GDT member - wonderful work by the DT!
Thank you Tenia for the inspiration - and the fun challenge! :) Cathy

Nicole said...

Love your card - the piano keys are simple, elegant and oh, so appropriate!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fab cards! What a great inspiration piece! I will try to make time to play along this week! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooooo, Tenia, this looks like such fun! Love the color combo and the super fabbie DT samples!! Can't wait to play along!

Carol said...

Awesome inspiration! I will try to give this a whirl! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Carol B
www.scraphappystudio.blogspot.com

Kim Wilson said...

Congrats on Embellish girl! I am so excited we won together :) its so fun to be acknowledged huh?

Jenny said...

Great DT projects!!!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, guys!
I will not miss the party this week!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely creation from DT...love all the kraft color on this weeks..this is my card..I hope DT member like my card :)

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.com/2010/05/1-card-2-challenges-may-13.html

scrappyteacher said...

All these cards are just awesome.....I really love to see the creativity of each one, and how they interpret the sketches and the different ways they use the supplies and embellishments. Like them!!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Tenia, may I ask you....when is the next challenge and who is the winner of your lovely challenge....many thanks for the answer....hugs, Monika