Monday, July 1, 2013

Noel Tree

Hey Y'all!!

Hope all is well. So today has been....well.....kinda of cray because I have been taking care of my poor hubby! He has some type of stomach bug.....so I am helping him without being close....if that makes sense....lol!! He made me take Theo out the house(Tim was not home at the time....still at work) so we went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science(Free Day....SCORE!) and Theo had a BLAST!! So....yeah....pretty busy day....sigh. As Tim and Theo napped I took a "Mommy Time Out" and created a card that is....well.....not CAS(GASP!!!) and I decided to go for the Vintage/Shabby Chic thang.......CHECK IT!!

....soooooo....yeah....TOTALLY OUT OF MY COMFY ZONE but I do LURVE challenging myself......lol!! I played with some of my new Stampcow stamps too!! I used the Oval Victorian Antique Mirror Frame stamp on the tree! This card took me like an hour to come up with because I wasn't sure about it but then the hubby loved it and all was well with the world....lol!! I created this card for a few challenges!! I made the card for the Merry Mondays Anything Goes Challenge:

I played along in the Festive Friday Tree Challenge:

I also used the Mojo Monday Sketch too:

Thanks for stopping by!!!

-t


Card Recipe for Noel Tree Card
Stamps: Stampcow
Paper: Red, Green(Bazzill), Solar White(Neenah), Patterned Paper(Echo Park)
Ink: VersaFine Spanish Moss(IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko)
Accessories: Pearls(Hobby Lobby), Ribbon(Offray), Noel sticker(SRM)
Tools: Sizzix Tree Die(Ellison), Circle Punch(EK Success), Paper Distress(Tim Holtz), Big Shot(Ellison)
Technique: Distressing, Tone on Tone Stamping

30 comments:

Rose said...

hope your hubby is well soon. sounds like a fun day with Theo :)

super fab card girl!!!!!

Glenda J said...

Fabulous card! You rocked the non-CAS!

Laurel said...

Fun card, love the pearls!

yyam said...

You rock the bold colours. This looks awesome Tenia!

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Nice card Tenia! I just used newspaper on the last card I posted. I hadn't considered using it for a Christmas, but now I will. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Love the card! You are totally nailing all of these challenges, Tenia! Hugs to Theo!

Jingle said...

This is so super pretty! I love it!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Tenia, I love all the fabulous details. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Angi Barrs said...

GORGEOUS! Love that beautiful tree!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I hope your husband feels better ASAP! Poor thing! That's never fun! And I hope you and Theo don't get sick too!

Super cute card-- I don't know how you create a card for so many challenges! I can barely keep up with my DT commitments:)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This card is awesome! Love that bright yellow ribbon on there, fabulous job you shabby chic chicka!

Angie Tieman said...

This is a beauty! I love the paper you used for the tree and the bright yellow ribbon!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPER stoked seeing you at Festive Friday!!!!!

Awesome card... LUV it!

Jen W. said...

It may be out of your comfort zone but it looks awesome! Love the frames stamped on the tree and the way it pops off the newsprint.

Hope hubby feels better soon and that you and Theo don't catch the dreaded bug!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOVE your card Tenia!!!

Bonnie said...

I love this tree and that pretty yellow bow is such a nice surprise! Thanks so much, Tenia, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Unknown said...

Loving the dimension and that juicy bow!!

Geri said...

Well, I love it, too! Especially that gorgeous yellow bow...it gives it such a fresh look! So glad to have you back at Festive Friday, Tenia...I always enjoy your creations!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, it's awesome! I love the layout, and even though you say you were way out of your comfort zone, I don't think it shows! Thanks for playing with Festive Friday this week!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, this is sooo pretty and vintagey, Tenia...love it!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love what you did with that stamp! I have that same one too! Great minds! You rocked it girl!

Ardyth said...

I love the idea of the tone on tone stamping on the tree (and all the beautiful shimmery pearls, of course!) Thanks so much for playing along!

Valérie said...

Very nice :) Love the tree and the yellow ribbon

Unknown said...

awesome dimension and again with the perfect bow!

Betty said...

Time for christmas :-) - festive card!

ajax said...

Love this card. Thanks

Lesley said...

Love the dimension on this card, Tenia. The colours just pop too! Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Darnell said...

I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations on winning a prize in the Mojo contest, Tenia!

LeAnne said...

I would never be concerned about anything you come up with, your creations are always stellar! This is no exception! Thanks for playing the "Anything Goes" challenge this month!

Susan Joyce said...

Cool Christmas card Tenia. Lots of fun elements in it's design. Thanks for joining us this month at Merry Monday.